How do some of the largest IT organizations around the world migrate, configure, and manage their Red Hat JBoss Middleware installations? What are the steps they take to factor in security, performance, and tuning to ensure they get the most out of their application server tiers?
In this session, we’ll describe how Red Hat’s own IT department migrated its existing Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 4 and 5 infrastructures to version 6. We’ll reveal how the team followed industry-wide best practices–under a tight deadline–and used open source tools to configure and manage the company’s new installations.
Looking to make the jump to the cloud? We’ll also illustrate how these same tools and concepts can be used to prepare, configure, and manage Red Hat JBoss Middleware installations within a cloud architecture. And with concrete examples and use cases you can use in your environment, you’ll learn best practices for:
- Managing middleware configurations in large-scale production environments.
- Effectively controlling and managing access to server resources.
- Using existing open source tools to automate the configuration and deployment process.
- Promoting deployments through environments with an emphasis on logging, security, messaging, and application support.
- Migrating existing applications and server configurations from older versions of Red Hat JBoss Middleware.
- Implementing existing configurations to provision within a cloud environment.
Unlock the secrets to master your middleware.