Apache Cordova (AKA Phonegap) is the de-facto standard runtime environment for developing hybrid mobile applications. Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio has recently added new features to ease the development of cross-platform mobile applications using Apache Cordova.
In this session, Gorkem Ercan will discuss the principles of building hybrid mobile applications and demonstrate how JBoss Developer Studio can ease the task. Demos will include:
- A complete development cycle for a hybrid mobile application.
- Creating a project, editing it, then running it on platform emulators without leaving the integrated development environment (IDE).
- The Cordova plug-in discovery and management features of the tools.
- The convenience of using the new Cordova Simulator, which incorporates Ripple and live reload to test and debug mobile hybrid applications.
- How to create the final package for a mobile application and submit it to an application store.