Today, using a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) to automate development workflows within private and public clouds is the clear industry direction. But the full benefits of enterprise PaaS come about through considering PaaS along with community-driven and standards-based Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), like OpenStack, and cloud management platforms and application life-cycle management.
Join David Linthicum, internationally recognized industry expert and thought leader, as he takes the mystery out of defining a cloud strategy. He’ll provide examples of existing best practices, emerging technologies, and the integration of these technologies to best support the business. This includes considering all aspects of building and operating your infrastructure and application environments. You’ll also gain a sound understanding of the intersection of IaaS, PaaS, and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) to help you define your own cloud strategy and give your organization the best chance of success.
In his session and interactive discussion with Red Hat cloud evangelist Gordon Haff, David will answer your specific questions along with:
- Which emerging technologies and standards are most important to watch?
- Which businesses and industries can serve as models for your cloud adoption?
- What are common pitfalls in building and deploying clouds, and how can enterprises avoid them?
- What does the cloud model mean for application architectures?
- What are the advantages of bringing open cloud infrastructure like OpenStack into a PaaS strategy?