In this session, we’ll detail Red Hat Storage Server data replication strategies for both near replication (LAN) and far replication (over WAN), and explain how replication has evolved over the last few years. You’ll learn about:
- Past mechanisms.
- Near replication (client-side replication).
- Far replication using timestamps (xtime).
- Present mechanisms.
- Near replication (server side) built using qourum and journaling.
- Faster far replication using journaling.
- Unified replication.
- Replication using snapshots.
- Stripe replication using erasure coding.