IT mobile challenges include speed, security, cost, integration, tools, third parties, and various operating systems.
The digital world is transforming fast, from device-centric to information-centric.
What is a mobile application platform?
- A shared platform or service to develop and run mobile solutions
- Brings client side and server side together
- Facilitates collaboration or launching mobile initiatives across enterprise
- A repository of APIs and services for discovery
- Offers templates and code reuse
- Centralized control of security and access
- Life-cycle management and reporting
Red Hat’s vision is the leading open source mobile application platform because:
- It gives developers choice.
- It has the most powerful and scalable architecture.
- It includes mBaaS (Mobile-Backend-as-a-Service) and enterprise integration.
- Mobile PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service) is evolving to industry standards.
- Red Hat is the only company with all the pieces, and is a catalyst for agility and change.
Red Hat Mobile Application Platform benefits include:
- Open, scalable architecture for company-wide projects.
- Centralized security, policy management, and access control.
- Facilitates collaboration across distributed teams.
- Bring your own tools and frameworks.
- Fast prototyping with templates and drag and drop forms.
- Reuse of microservices to increase developer productivity.
- Agile application development and deployment.