RHS18 Social media giveaway for the Open Source Initiative Anniversary
Official Terms and Conditions
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. OFFER AVAILABLE ONLY WHILE GIFTS LAST.
ENTRY IN THIS PROMOTION CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Promotion Description. The RHS18 Social media giveaway for the Open Source Initiative Anniversary (“Promotion”) is offered by Red Hat, Inc. as a way of rewarding its customers who visit https://reg.summit.redhat.com/auth/login (“Website”) and register for the 2018 Red Hat Summit (“Registration”).
- Term. The Promotion will begin on Feb. 5, 2018_ at 7:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) and will run until __Feb. 9, 2018_ at 11:59 p.m. EST (“Promotional Period”).
- Eligibility. To be eligible to receive a Gift, at the time of entry you must: i) visit the Website and complete all of the required fields on the Registration form; ii) must enter the code OPENSOURCE on the Registration form; iii) must have access to the Internet and a valid email address; and iv) must be a legal resident of Argentina, Australia, Austria, Canada (excluding Quebec), France, Germany, India, Ireland, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, or the United States (“Participant”). Employees and contractors of Red Hat, Inc. and each of its respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, and other agents, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, such employees and contractors are not eligible to enter. Government employees and contractors are not eligible to enter.
If you are entering as part of a company or on behalf of your employer, these rules are binding on you, individually, and/or your employer. If you are acting within the scope of your employment as an employee, contractor, or agent of another party, you warrant that such party has full knowledge of your actions and has consented thereto, including your potential receipt of a prize. You further warrant that your actions do not violate your employer’s or company’s policies and procedures.
- How to Receive a Gift. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Visit the Website during the Promotional Period and request a Gift by completing all of the required fields on the Registration form, including providing your full name, email address, mailing address to which you want the Gift delivered, and the code OPENSOURCE (“Gift Request”).
LIMIT – One (1) Gift Request per Participant. Subsequent Gift Requests will be ignored. All Gift Requests become property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely Gift Requests are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible Gift Requests; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware), or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether, human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Gift Requests will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the Gift Request. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain.
- Promotional Gifts. The first twenty (20) eligible Participants may request to receive one (1) Red Hat “Better When Open” t-shirt (“Gift”) with an Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of $12 USD. LIMIT – ONE (1) GIFT PER PARTICIPANT. The Gifts are subject to availability and while supplies last. Each potential Gift recipient will be notified by email on or about the week of February 12, 2018 and asked to confirm his/her mailing address and t-shirt size (“Gift Notification”). Each potential Gift recipient must respond to the Gift Notification via email and confirm his/her mailing address and t-shirt size. If a potential Gift recipient does not respond within three (3) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, or if the Gift Notification is returned as undeliverable, that potential Gift recipient will be deemed to have forfeited the Gift, and Sponsor will select an alternate potential Gift recipient in his/her place at random from all remaining eligible Gift Requests until all Gifts have been given.
Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a gift of equal or greater value. No transfer, substitution, assignment or cash redemption of Gifts is permitted, except by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Gifts will be delivered to Participants via post approximately two (2) to six (6) business days after Sponsor receives Participant’s response to the Gift Notification. Participant is solely responsible for any expenses, including payment of any taxes, if any, arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance or use of a Gift.. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Gifts. ALL GIFTS SHALL BE ACCEPTED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND FOR WHICH SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS NOR ACCEPTS ANY RESPONSIBILITY. The total ARV of all gifts is $240 USD.
- GENERAL TERMS. The following terms and conditions apply to each Participant:
By participating in the Promotion, you agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions and be bound by the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the operation of the Promotion or the Website; (b) violating these Official Terms and Conditions; or (c) acting in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion without notice. By participating, Participant releases and holds harmless Sponsor, its affiliated, parent, and subsidiary companies, its employees, agents and officers, advertising and promotion agencies, as well as all others associated with the development and execution of the Promotion, from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from the Promotion.
By accepting a Gift, you grant Sponsor and its agencies the unrestricted right, in their collective or individual discretion, to publish your full name, hometown, likeness, photograph, statements, or Gift information for advertising and publicity purposes worldwide without limitation and without additional compensation or notice to you, except where prohibited by law.
In the event the Promotion is not capable of running as planned as the result of bugs, virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering, technical failures, fraud, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor that corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, suspend, modify or terminate the Promotion. Should the Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award Gifts based on the Gift Requests received before the termination date. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of the Promotion is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor or its agents.
The Promotion is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina (U.S.), without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- SPONSOR. Red Hat, Inc. (“Sponsor”), located at 100 East Davie Street, Raleigh, North Carolina 27601, is the operator of the Promotion and is solely responsible for the fulfillment of all Gifts.