In this BoF session, we’ll discuss what the next steps are for Java EE and whether it’s still relevant for application developers.
This session will present new features in WildFly 8 around 2 themes :
- Java EE 7 : WebSocket / JSON / REST / Servlet NIO / Batch / JMS
- Cloud : OpenShift and AppEngine with CapeDwarf
For large enterprises, adopting a new platform at scale presents many challenges—both technical and organizational. In this session, you’ll learn about the importance of strong partnerships in the context of the changing datacenter. Barclays representatives will discuss how they were able to:
- Deliver Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP) as a core offering for Java/JEE workloads.
- Increase adoption of open source platforms.
- Influence product roadmaps.
- Provide support for large-scale infrastructure and application migration efforts.
- Lead initiatives that fostered adoption by Development and Operations teams across geographical and organizational boundaries.
While satisfying a management directive pushing for “cloud abilities” and dealing with some key challenges in its existing technology stack, Vodafone’s IT team decided to embark on a journey to update the company’s technology.
Following an early management decision, the usually silo-ed business and IT teams worked together to select the technologies that would carry the company’s integration framework into the future.
As there’s often some magic involved in migrating to a new product, Vodafone representatives will discuss their experiences with the wizardry of “buying a product” and the road they traveled to a successful solution, discussing the:
- Main driver behind the migration process.
- Key challenges, including performance and operations, that influenced the team’s decisions.
- Technology comparison and selection process, which was largely successful because of active commitment, communication, and collaboration across teams and companies.
- Good, Wicked, and Oz-some stories from the journey.
You’ll leave this session with your own yellow brick road guide for selecting the right technologies for your organization. You’ll also learn tips and tricks for successfully engaging with your providers, partners, and with teams across your organization.
In a quest to improve the delivery of innovative e-commerce applications to its customers, Union Bank set out to restructure its infrastructure to increase agility and improve the delivery of mission-critical applications. Using Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure, which includes Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and Red Hat CloudForms, Union Bank and Red Hat worked together to architect, build, and implement a next-generation solution for the bank.
In this session, you’ll learn about the:
- Business challenge and use cases
- Solution and approach
Today more than ever, enterprise IT must be agile to respond to changing business demands. Join us for a conversation with Red Hat customers to learn how to expand your middleware portfolio to accelerate application development, deployment, and performance, integrate data and applications efficiently, and automate business processes across physical, virtual, mobile, and cloud environments.
For the first time, IBM is making its IBM Watson technology available as a development platform in the cloud. Watson Developers Cloud will enable a worldwide community of software application providers to build a new generation of apps infused with Watson’s cognitive computing intelligence. This will spur innovation and fuel a new ecosystem of entrepreneurial software application providers–ranging from start-up companies to established enterprises.
Together with IBM, these business partners share a vision for creating a new class of cognitive applications that transform how businesses and consumers make decisions. In this session, you’ll learn more about this game-changing initiative and you’ll see a live demonstration of the Watson API in action.
In this session, we’ll provide an update on the current state of the GlusterFS community and discuss future directions of the project. Attendees will learn:
- Details on new features in the recent GlusterFS 3.5 and 3.6 releases.
- What lies ahead in GlusterFS 4.
- How GlusterFS is being integrated with other projects in the open source ecosystem, including OpenStack, oVirt, and Apache Hadoop.
- Use cases.