In a quest to improve the delivery of innovative e-commerce applications to its customers, Union Bank set out to restructure its infrastructure to increase agility and improve the delivery of mission-critical applications. Using Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure, which includes Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and Red Hat CloudForms, Union Bank and Red Hat worked together to architect, build, and implement a next-generation solution for the bank.
In this session, you’ll learn about the:
- Business challenge and use cases
- Solution and approach
Red Hat’s certification program will celebrate its 15th year of helping IT professionals prove their skills and knowledge through rigorous, hands-on testing. In this session, we’ll discuss changes and additions to this program in support of Red Hat’s growing emerging technology portfolio, including new architect-level certifications. We’ll also discuss planned changes for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Certified Professionals (RHCPs) are especially encouraged to attend but everyone with an interest in Red Hat’s certification program and its new directions is welcome.
Join the 2014 Red Hat Innovation Award finalists to learn how they use Red Hat solutions to stay ahead of the evolving IT curve. With 5 industries represented, you’ll hear about about various technology challenges and solutions. Learn how each of the winning organizations teamed with Red Hat to modernize and scale their infrastructures while saving costs.
In this 2-hour lab, you’ll:
- Use an Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) to launch secure, private instances of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4.
- Use the AWS Web Console to create a key pair, security groups, and launch instances with user data.
- Review VPC connectivity options including hardware and software VPN, bastion hosts, and NAT.
- Launch and configure a bastion host and use that host to securely connect to private Amazon EC2 instances.
You’ll leave this lab with an understanding of the Amazon VPC security model, including subnets and routes, security groups, user data, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux on Amazon EC2, and a $25 AWS credit.
The drive to simplify IT tasks has led to Cisco developing an open application-centric policy model as the foundation for datacenter automation.
In this session, you’ll learn how:
- To incorporate an application-centric SDN policy model for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and OVS deployments.
- The ACI model can easily be incorporated into an OpenStack management framework.
- Cisco is opening up the ACI framework and working with various open source communities.
IBM is leading the industry in disk-dense, big data servers. Red Hat is leading the industry with emerging software-defined solutions. Red Hat Storage Server on the IBM System x3650 M4 BD platform delivers a solution designed for big data, high performance, a small footprint, and horizontal scalability.
In this session, we’ll discuss how Red Hat Storage Server powers this x86 system configurable with up to 56 terabytes of low-cost storage, transforming it from a box of disk drives into an affordable, powerful, scalable, and open, software-defined storage environment. We’ll also detail a case study from a customer running virtualized servers and virtualized storage on IBM x86 servers, all powered by Red Hat software.
In this session, we’ll explore modernizing legacy architecture and applications to provide a flexible foundation for future needs, including highly integrated cloud-based applications, services, and data. You’ll learn about:
- Cost-effective IT architecture and application renewal and reduced implementation risk.
- Solutions, such as OpenShift by Red Hat, that break down IT productivity barriers.
- Rapid SOA deployment on Red Hat JBoss Middleware (8 weeks vs. 12 months).
- Enhanced interoperability and flexibility in heterogeneous environments.
Specifically targeted to the the health and public service sectors, this session will include proven examples of cloud migrations from those industries.
Today’s hyper-connected and digitized world creates unprecedented new opportunities as well as challenges. Across every industry, the winners are those that can truly harness the power of data to identify opportunities, make quick decisions, and execute efficient business operations. This demands a radically new approach to managing information.
In this session, we’ll share SAP’s data management strategy and describe the enabling technologies–SAP HANA, SAP ASE, SAP IQ, SAP SQL Anywhere–that let you transact, integrate, analyze, and deliver any data to any application, user, or machine, located anywhere in real-time. And you can do this with low TCO. We’ll also discuss how we’re working with Red Hat to deliver this vision to our customers.